Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fearfully, Wonderfully Made

God's love is so personal...

I've always heard that God loves "us"... as in, "us in general." But God's love is so much more than that. It's infinite, of course, and we can't begin to wrap our finite minds around this concept, but it's also so personal... so intimate. How beautiful it is when God begins to inflame our hearts with the knowledge of this love.

Danielle Rose sings beautifully of the intimacy of God's love in her song Psalm 139 (Wonderfully Made):

Lord, you search me and you know me, when I sit and when I stand. You understand my thoughts from afar. Behind me and before me your hand is there to guide me. Too wonderful for me, this knowledge is beyond my reach. Before a word is on my tongue you know it all before it has begun.

I praise you, God, that I am fearfully, wonderfully made.

Where can I hide from your presence? Where can I flee from your face? If I climb to the heavens you are there, if I lie in the grave you are there. If I take the wings of the dawn or dwell at the sea's furthest end, even there your had would guide me, your right hand hold me fast. For you night is as the day, for you light and darkness are the same.

I praise you God, that I am fearfully, wonderfully made.

In secret, as in the depths of the earth, you formed my inmost being. My very self you knew, my bones were not hidden from you knit me in my mother's womb.




How beautiful.

Longing for God,

The Catholic Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment