Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wear Your Mantilla


My friend Elaine has started a beautiful blog to encourage Catholic women to Wear Your Mantilla.  A few months ago, Elaine inspired me to start veiling at Mass or anytime I am in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, and I have found the practice to be a bounty of spiritual treasures.  I have been moved to a deeper understanding of the Real Presence and a greater desire to humble myself before the Lord.  Please be sure to visit her blog and spread the word!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so timely! I was just going to write a post about this site I found called Mantilla With Me! So cool that your friend has started a website too. Where do you get your mantilla and can you wear any kind of head covering, or does it need to specifically be a mantilla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine from the Headcoverings store on Etsy. She has some absolutely beautiful chapel veils but I believe she has her store on hold until later in June.

    I don't think it needs to be a mantilla specifically. In fact, before my mantilla arrived I used a scarf as head covering. The Catholic Knight has a nice listing of sites where you can get a head covering. Also, here is a good pamphlet on the practice of veiling.

    It's hard to be the only veiled woman at my parish but it has been a lesson in humility. Let me know how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to hear about other scarf-sporting and mantilla-wearing parishioners! I'd be really interested in your comments about a blog post I wrote a while back: http://theleastofallthefaithful.blogspot.com/2009/08/attitudes-and-headscarves.html

    If you're interested, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete