Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Who I Am and Why I Write

Welcome. I'm glad you've stopped by. I am a cradle Catholic in a journey to rediscover the depth and meaning of some of the most beautiful teachings of the Catholic Church. Be prepared to hear my candid thoughts on the most sensitive and private experiences that come with being a Catholic Wife.

I was raised in a Catholic family and received my First Communion in middle school while attending an all-girls Catholic school. I then attended secular schools for the first half of high school before attending and graduating from another all-girls Catholic school.

In the struggle that has been my faith, I have seen my obedience to the Church's teachings go from childish ("These are the rules and I need to follow them") to pridefully rebellious ("The Church is for prudes and I can make my own decisions, thank you very much!") to seeking ("Is God really asking more and better of me through the teachings of his Church?") to joyfully awe-struck ("Wow, God's love is so immense that He has outlined point by point through the teachings of the Church, which are inspired by the Holy Spirit, what I need to do in order to love like He loves!").

As I discover more and more beauty amid the struggle that is life, I invite you to discover with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Welcome to Blog World! I look forward to reading your posts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete